|| Galaxy S8 User Manual ||
|Learn the basics for how to navigate through your device.|
Please note that a touch screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger or a capacitive stylus. Using excessive force or a metallic object on the touch screen may damage the tempered glass surface and void the warranty.
Use the following motions and gestures on your touchscreen to navigate the device:
Lightly tap items to select or launch them.
• Tap the keyboard to enter characters or text.
• Tap an item to select it.
• Tap an app shortcut to launch the application.
Lightly tap items twice to select or launch them.
• Double-tap an image to zoom in or out.
Touch and Hold
Touch and hold items on the screen to activate them.
• Touch and hold a field to display a pop-up menu of options.
Lightly drag your finger vertically or horizontally across the screen.
• Swipe the screen to unlock the device.
• Swipe the screen to scroll through the Home screens or menu options.
Touch and hold an item, and then move it to a new location.
• Drag an app shortcut to add it to a Home screen.
• Drag a widget to place it in a new location on a Home screen.
Pinch and Spread
Pinch the screen using your thumb and forefinger or spread by moving your fingers apart.
• Pinch the screen to zoom out while viewing a picture or a web page.
• Spread your fingers on the screen to zoom in while viewing a picture or a web page.
The device uses basic command options to perform common actions.
• More options: Tap to view more menu options for a screen. This often allows you to select items to delete or share.
• Delete: Tap to select items to delete.
• Share: Tap to select items to share, and then choose a sharing method.
• Edit: Tap to customize the screen.
• On/Off: Tap to turn the option on ( ) or off ( ).
• Checkbox: Tap to enable or select. When enabled, a checkmark is displayed. You can often tap a checkbox at the top of the screen to select all.
• Menu: Tap to view available options for the field.
Getting Started: Assemble Your Device • Start Using Your Device • Set Up Your Device • Front View • Back View • Home Screen • Notification Panel • Customize Your Home Screen • Bixby • Navigation • Entering Text • Face Recognition • Fingerprint Scanner • Iris Scanner • Multi Window • Emergency Mode • Edge Screen •
|Samsung Galaxy S8||© «org-info.mobi»|